Although, according to statistics, often the culpritslarge and small accidents are beginning car enthusiasts, the participant is considered not only guilty, but also the victim. Therefore, everyone can get into the road accident, even a very experienced driver. And here it is usually there and a lot of different questions: "where to call when an accident?" and "you canDo you do without calling inspectors? ".
The law on this account gives quite clear instructions: the sequence of actions in an accident depends on the severity of the damage to the car and the severity of the damage to health.
What if I got into an accident?"
Let us examine in detail each item:
1. It is necessary to stop the car. If possible, leave it immediately. In no case should you drive the car to the side of the road or to another convenient place. Everything must be left as it was during the accident, so that the traffic police officer could correctly assess the current traffic situation.
Do not leave the scene of an accident, because for thisprovides for criminal punishment and, in addition, deprivation of a driver's license. Even if the accident occurred in a deserted place, there will certainly be witnesses anyway. Among other things, in many places cameras are now installed video surveillance, so calculate the machine by numbers will not be difficult.
2. To find out whether medical care is required for someone.
3. Call the police. Where to call? When an accident on the road you can stop passing cars and ask them to alert the employees of the nearest stationary post about the accident. In this case, they must arrive at the scene of an accident for two hours. If you do not know the number of the city traffic police, you can call the Emergency Rescue Service (112 or 911) by phone, inform the operator about the place, time of the accident, and also about the injured. There is another number where to call in case of an accident: 02. In this case, either you will be notified by the phone number of the traffic police, or you yourself call the inspector to the scene of the accident. If you are a victim in this situation, then in any case do not agree to solve the issue "in an amicable way", because if the culprit changes his mind, there will not be any documented grounds for bringing him to justice.
4. As soon as possible call the insurance company and notify the agent about what happened.The phone number where to call when an accident is listed on the insurance policy.
5. Participate in drawing up a picture of an accident. It is important that inspectors carefully record all the damage received, because the insurance company will not pay for the defects not listed in the protocol.
6. Then it will be necessary to fill out an accident notification, which must be signed by all participants of the accident. It is necessary to closely monitor the correctness of recording the insurance policy number. This notification, together with the remaining documents, the affected party must transfer to the insurer's company the culprit within two working weeks (with auto insurance "OSAGO"). If you use the services of CASCO, then seek compensation for damage to your insurance company within three days. The culprit of the accident, in the absence of additional insurance, restores his car on his own.