One of the most important indicators in the laboratorya blood test is a creatinine. And what is creatinine? This is the final product of the breakdown of proteins, which takes an active part in the energy processes of the muscle and other body tissues.
Synthesis of creatinine occurs in the liver, from it it enters the circulatory system, then into the kidneys and is excreted together with urine. With their normal functioning, it should not accumulate in the body.
The rate of creatinine in the blood is different in men,women and children, since the amount of this substance is dependent on the muscle mass of the human body, age, sex. Under the influence of pathological and physiological factors, its concentration changes, the increase of which is a signal about the malfunctioning of the organism.
Signs of an elevated natural metabolite
What is creatinine? This is a creatine derivative, necessary for the reproduction of energy in the muscles. Symptoms that indicate the need for a blood test:
- fast fatiguability;
- general impassable weakness;
- swelling of the feet;
- pale skin;
- muscle pain;
- decrease in the amount of excreted urine.
Pathologies in which creatinine is above normal
Increased creatinine in the blood - what is it? This figure increases with uncontrolled sports. And also when doing physical exercises that help build muscle mass, consuming protein products and taking certain medicines (antibiotics, cephalosporins). In addition, the substance rises due to pathologies associated with metabolism in the body:
- radiation sickness;
- various diseases of the endocrine system;
- kidney failure;
- mechanical damage to the muscle tissue or damage associated with surgical interventions.
About ill health you can speak only in cases of repeated excess of creatinine in the blood from the norm.
Diseases that doctors diagnose on the basis of the results of biochemical analysis:
- Oncology. Metastases and malignant neoplasms destroy muscle tissue. There are forms of cancer in which there are serious changes in the liver and kidneys, which inevitably leads to an increase in creatinine.
- Injuries of muscle tissue. From damaged muscles with extensive lesions, a natural metabolite is released. This indicator comes back to normal with healing.
- Disorders associated with the endocrine system. Excessive production of hormonal substances destroys muscle tissue, and as a result, creatinine rises. The danger lies in the fact that for a long time the disease is asymptomatic.
- Impaired renal function. In those or other pathologies, the body does not cope with its function, and harmful substances remain in the blood, and are not excreted with urine. At critical values, the doctor appoints the patient a dialysis procedure.
- Heart failure. Cells of the heart muscle break down and promote the release of creatinine, as a result, it increases in the bloodstream.
- Nephrectomy. When one kidney is removed, the second takes on all the load, and therefore the indicators can be increased.
Physiological causes of high levels of natural metabolite
The reasons for increasing creatinine in some situations are not pathologies. These are the conditions in which the muscle mass of the body increases:
- Reinforced sports. Its number can be at the highest permissible border or higher.
- When changing the way of life to a more active and mobile.
- At reception of some medicines: antibiotics of group of tetracycline, nonsteroid anti-inflammatory agents and others. As a result of biochemical reactions, creatinine is formed and penetrates into the blood.
- The use of a large amount of meat also contributes to the excessive intake of this substance in the blood.
What is creatinine? This substance, which is produced as a result of biochemical reactions in muscle tissues.
In order to identify the reasons for its increasecalculate the rate of glomerular filtration, using a special formula that takes into account the age and weight of a person. This is calculated as the creatinine clearance. If it is low, this is due to the presence of pathology, namely renal insufficiency.
Recommended Power Mode
A slight excess of creatinine levels from the allowable rate can be adjusted by diet:
- Drink at least eight glasses of water per day. Dehydration increases this in the blood. In addition, a lack of fluid in the body leads to a decrease in the volume of excreted urine, which also increases this substance. On the other hand, excess water negatively affects the work of the kidneys, they can not cope. Excessive use of fluid can trigger an increase in blood pressure, which increases the burden on the kidneys. The correct drinking regime will help to adjust your doctor.
- The amount of consumed protein products should not exceed 250 grams per day.
- From fatty foods of animal origin should be discarded. You need to give preference to vegetable proteins.
- Limitation of salt intake. The average amount per day should not exceed three grams, since its high content in foodstuffs delays liquid in the body, increases the pressure and as a result increases the concentration of the natural metabolite.
- Products with high phosphorus content alsonegatively affect this indicator and make it difficult for the kidneys. It is recommended to limit the reception: squash, pumpkin, cheese, nuts, soy and low-fat dairy products.
- Minimize the use of potassium. The microelement accumulates in the body, and unhealthy kidneys do not cope with its excretion in the required quantities.
Methods for reducing creatinine
- In addition to dieting, it is necessary to reduce the physicalload. Physical education facilitates a more rapid transformation of the food that enters the body into energy. As a result, creatinine is formed more, and its concentration in the blood increases. However, a moderate physical load is necessary for health. In this case, it is important to find a balance. For example, instead of playing basketball - doing yoga or walking.
- A full sleep of at least 8 hours, of course,positively affects the work of the kidneys. If a person does not always get enough sleep, then the body experiences stress, which provokes more active work of muscles under normal load or without it. This state, in turn, affects the work of the kidneys, which begin to filter out this product insufficiently well.
- Control over blood pressure values and, if necessary, regular intake of medications.
- In the case of existing diabetes, constant medical therapy is needed, since this disease is one of the causes of kidney pathology, and accordingly, an elevated level of creatinine.
- If necessary, the treating doctor prescribes medications or biological active supplements that help normalize the concentration of creatinine in the blood.
- Laser therapy improves the functioning of the kidneys, and they intensively filter out and disintegrate the decay products.
- Massage sessions relieve stress, improve blood circulation, relax the whole body and normalize sleep.
Causes of low concentration of natural metabolite
Reduced creatinine content in the blood - what is it? There are states in which the level of this substance is reduced:
- fasting for a long time;
- insufficient intake of protein products;
- muscle atrophy, which occurs with a motionless or inactive way of life;
- taking hormonal drugs: corticosteroids.
In certain life periods in womenhalf of the population there is a physiological decrease in the concentration of creatinine: in the first and second trimesters of pregnancy. By the third, the indicator is normalized.
How is elevated creatinine treated?
Carry out measures aimed at eliminatingcauses. The patient is injected intravenously with medicines - sorbents and diuretics, which increase diuresis and help the kidneys remove this substance. Such manipulations are effective under the condition of normal functioning of the urinary system and the ingestion of exogenous or endogenous creatinine into the blood. With renal failure, a hemodialysis procedure is prescribed. In this case, the blood is purified using a special device called "artificial kidney" under stationary conditions. This procedure is carried out three times a week.
Traditional medicine also offers severalways to reduce creatinine. Use of medicinal herbs is possible under the condition of normal kidney function. Brewed teas from herbs that have a diuretic effect: sage leaves and nettles; from the roots of a dandelion. Daily reception of drinks activates the work of the kidneys and stimulates an increased separation of urine, and accordingly, and creatinine. Before you start to reduce it, you should contact the doctor to determine the tactics of treatment.
The final product of metabolism in muscle tissues- that's what creatinine is. Try to reduce it by using alternative methods. Osmoterapiya - a natural therapy, which uses products of Chinese production, selected individually for each patient. Their application is possible both external and internal, with the help of a special device - an osmoscope. This method refers to Chinese traditional medicine. Applying it, you can cope with minor pathological processes in the kidneys.
Therapeutic baths are also part of thisa method for reducing the concentration of a natural metabolite. The action of the baths is as follows. Warm water improves blood circulation, warms the patient's body and provocatively affects sweat glands, the active work of which contributes to increased sweating. Together with it comes creatinine and other toxic substances from the body.
Preparation for urine creatinine analysis
Three days before the study should be deleted: coffee, carbonated and alcohol-containing beverages. In food, give preference to lean food. If you take hormonal medications, you should inform the doctor in advance, as the results may be distorted.
For analysis, take morning urine, before eating. To diagnose kidney disease in a single portion of urine, determine the ratio of "protein-creatinine."
What to warn the doctor?
To ensure the reliability of the results of the analysis, it is necessary to inform the doctor of the following information before they are given:
- on the admission of medicines;
- about the presence of diseases;
- on the intake of alcohol-containing beverages;
- about the use of fatty foods directly on the day of the study.
Pathological conditions, which are diagnosed on the basis of analysis results
The reasons for the deviation of this indicator from the norm in the direction of increase:
- Renal failure. Regardless of the stage of this pathology, the body can not cope with the output of creatinine, and it accumulates in the body.
- Hyperthyroidism.Disease caused by dysfunction of the thyroid gland. Excessive production of hormones containing iodine, introduces an imbalance in metabolic processes, and thus contributes to the rapid decomposition of carboxylic acid, as a result, increases the volume of creatinine.
- Heart failure. This pathology provokes a disruption of the normal function of the kidneys, which leads to a decrease in the excretion of urine, and accordingly, the products of protein breakdown.
- Oncological pathology affecting the muscles.
- Extensive trauma to the muscle tissue.
Causes of hypocreatinemia
Deviation of creatinine in urine from normal to sideReduction is rare. The reason lies in the violation of metabolic processes of proteins or malfunctions in the work of the muscular system. In these cases, the kidneys are not disturbed. Strong depletion of the body leads to the fact that from muscle tissue creatinine is spent on replenishing the body's energy reserves.
Causes of low concentration:
- cachexia caused by hunger or chronic diseases;
- inadequate nutrition in conjunction with increased physical activity and, as a result, a sharp decrease in body weight;
- reception of glucocorticoid agents;
Thus, the main problem of hypocreatinemialies in the exhaustion of the body. And what does creatinine do? It participates in the energy exchange, so to restore the indicator to the norm it is necessary to eliminate the immediate cause.
The concentration of this substance in the blood ondue to the normal functioning of the kidneys. Biochemical blood test for creatinine that shows? Fluctuations of the indicator in one direction or another indicate a disturbance in the functioning of the kidneys.