Home baking is always loved by both children and adults. In the modern world cuisine, many recipes are known, with which we can please ourselves and our loved ones.
What is dough filo?
Dough filo is known in the eastern andMediterranean cuisine. It is from it that everyone makes a favorite pakhlava since childhood, as well as a stunning Greek pie with spinach. From this test, you can cook anything, from meat pie to rolls and rolls. Finished products from it are tender and melt in the mouth. Strudel from dough filo is a very popular variant of dessert.
What is strudel?
This delicious pie came to us fromAustrian cuisine. Traditionally it is a roll of dough with apples. Often, a strudel is prepared from a filo or puff pastry. In its filling can include apples with various additives, such as cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom. Sometimes for a change, cranberry berries or raisins are added there. Today recipes of strudel with pears are known - it turns out to be more gentle. In this article, you will learn how to prepare strudel from a filo test with apples. The recipe with the photo will help in this process.
Preparation of the Philo test at home
In fact, there is nothing special about this test. It can be bought ready in any store. But, as usual, the home dish is usually tastier, fresh and more reliable. So if you have time, then try to do the Philo yourself. There are many recipes for the test, and some of them are different: somewhere, for example, eggs are placed in it. Therefore, choose the recipe according to your taste. Here is one of the options.
To make the test you need:
- one glass of flour;
- about 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- half a glass of water;
- a pinch of salt;
- half a teaspoon of soda.
The cooking process is as follows:
- Heat the water to 50 degrees and dilute the salt in it until it dissolves completely.
- In a convenient container sift flour, add salt water and vegetable oil.
- Put in the soda.
- Mix the dough filo carefully. Do not add more liquid - during the kneading the dough will reach the desired consistency. Ready dough should be elastic and not stick to your hands.
- Divide it into several portions and severely beat each.
- Roll the balls, cover them with food film and put in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Then roll each piece as thinly as possible.
- After this, the sheets must be stretched out in different directions, but carefully, so as not to tear. The dough should resemble a paper, be almost transparent.
- Transfer the finished sheets of parchment. If you are not going to freeze the dough, then fold it neatly with a roll and clean it under a damp towel, as it can dry quickly and become brittle.
By the way, the finished dough in the freezer can be stored for up to six months. Just do not freeze it twice, as it will lose its properties.
Strudel made of dough filo with apples
To prepare this roll you will need about 20 sheets of phyllo and about 1 kg of apples. Besides:
- lemon juice;
- Dried berries or raisins at will - 100 g;
- butter - 150 g;
- sugar - 100 g;
- cinnamon - half a teaspoon;
- powdered sugar for decoration.
The total time to prepare the strudel from the filo test is about 40 minutes.
- Peel the apples, remove the core and finely chop. To ensure that apples do not darken, they should be poured with lemon juice, in addition, it will give the strudel a more refined taste.
- Dried fruits soak in boiling water for 10 minutes, finely chop, if they are large.
- On the work surface, pour in the flour so that the bottom layer of the dough does not stick.
- Next, you have to melt the butter and, spreading the sheets of dough, lubricate them in turn. If you do not lubricate the sheets, the dough will dry up in the oven and will be tasteless. So cover 10 sheets.
- Sliced apples mixed with dried fruits orberries, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. The mixture should be dry, without excess juice. Half of the filling is put on the filo sheets and roll the roll, tightly tearing the edges.
- Spread the strudel on the baking tray with the seam down. Repeat the procedure with the remaining leaves and the other half of the apple filling. On top of both strudel again lubricate with oil.
- The oven should be heated to 200 ° C. Baking time - 20 minutes. Readiness of the strudel see by color - it should become golden.
Allow the roulette to cool slightly, then sprinkle with powdered sugar. Your strudel is filo test ready!
Strudel made of dough filo with cottage cheese
Another version of the strudel, no less delicious. To prepare it you will need:
- low-fat cottage cheese - 200 g;
- dough filo - 20 sheets;
- butter - 150 g;
- yogurt - 3 tablespoons;
- vanillin - pinch;
- sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- berries - at will.
- The recipe is similar to any other of the filo test.
- You need to melt the butter and cover each sheet separately.
- For one roll, take 10 sheets.
- For the preparation of the filling, mix the cottage cheese withyogurt (can be replaced with low-fat sour cream), mix thoroughly, add sugar, vanillin and berries. Whisk the mixture with a blender until a homogeneous, gentle mass is obtained.
- Half the mass lay on oiled sheets of dough. Gently wrap in a roll and put on a baking sheet.
- Use the second part of the filling for the remaining 10 leaves of the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Bake rolls for 15-20 minutes.