The territory of the modern Samara region onDuring the XVI-XVIII centuries, regularly raided by militant neighbors. Once there were many castles and fortresses here. The only Syzran Kremlin in the region has survived to this day. What is the history of this building, are there any excursions for tourists here today?
In 1683, at the confluence of the rivers Volga, Crimea andSyzranka Tsar Peter Alekseevich (later famous as Peter the Great) ordered the construction of a defensive fortress. The main head of the project was Voivode Grigory Kozlovsky. The Syzran Kremlin was built according to the standard plan for its time. If you look at the structure from above - its walls formed a closed quadrilateral of irregular shape. The fortress had five towers: four corners and one gateway - the main entrance to the territory. The fortress walls were made of wood, as well as four corner towers. And only the gate of the main entrance (Spassky Tower) was stone. It was preserved until our days as a reminder of the once great fortification.
At the turn of the XVII-XVIII centuries Syzran -a strategically important military fortress. On the nearby land regularly raided detachments of warriors originating from neighboring nomadic peoples. The robbers robbed the fish and salt industries developing here, as well as the merchant ships on Samara's Luka. In serious battles the Syzran Kremlin took part only once. The fortress was captured by the soldiers of Emelian Pugachev. Time passed, and Syzran began to develop as a merchant city. Gradually, the city went beyond the fortress and grew around its walls. At the same time, the Kremlin lost its strategic importance. In 1755, the main stone tower of the fortification was rebuilt into a church and consecrated in the name of the icon of Christ the Savior. After about another hundred years in the dungeon under the temple was equipped with an underground chapel. In 1875 in the territory of an ancient fortress the erection of a county prison began. In 1906 there was a large fire that destroyed a significant part of the wooden building of the city center. The stone tower-temple and the ancient church are all that was left on the site where the Syzran Kremlin once stood. Syzran at that time continued to develop as an industrial city. Old-timers say that once in warehouses of ancient temples warehouses were equipped. During the Great Patriotic War on the territory of the Kremlin there was an anti-aircraft battery.
From the once great Syzran fortressOnly the entrance tower - Spasskaya was preserved. Today it houses a historical museum, telling about the history of the Kremlin. On the upper tier of the tower there is a belfry. The tower itself has several tiers and represents a quadrilateral in terms of which the octagon is on. Nearby, in the territory where the Syzran Kremlin once stood, is the Church of the Nativity of Christ. Date of construction of this monument of architecture is 1717 year. In memory of the events of the Great Patriotic War not far from the Spassky Tower, a square was built and the memorial complex "Eternal Flame" was erected.
If you decide to visit the Syzran Kremlin,Syzran, try to come to this city earlier. At 11.00 the belfry of the Spassky Tower arranges a bell concert. If you believe the reviews of tourists, ringing bells - this is one of the most interesting points in the tourist program for this city. This place bewitches with its pacification. The preserved monuments of architecture are buried in the riot of greenery. In walking distance from the Spassky Tower there is a well-arranged embankment, from which a picturesque view opens. Syzran Kremlin excursions are held for groups and single visitors. It will be equally interesting to simply inspect the old tower and the temple from the outside and stroll around the neighborhood. Find this attraction will not be difficult, even if you are going to Syzran for the first time. Spassky tower can be seen from afar, its exact address: the Kremlin Hill. The Church of the Nativity of Christ is being actively restored today, perhaps very soon it will reopen for the parishioners.