How to choose shoes for a child? This is a real challenge for many parents. Baby shoes have to buy every few months, because the baby's foot is constantly growing. But shopping should not scare you. Especially if the child is already at that age when it can help in this difficult task. If you know what to buy and when, going to the store will be your easiest task among other parental tasks.
WHEN TO BUY SHOES TO A CHILD
You must monitor the condition of the shoes of the baby, to understand when you need to buy a new pair. Shoes are convex on the sides, you can see the outline of the thumb, the fingers of the kid are bent, worn out heels and seams are signs that it’s time for you to choose a new shoe for your child. Often children do not understand that they have already grown out of old shoes. But it will definitely affect their behavior. They may be capricious, not wanting to wear shoes, throw them off. You probably will seem that the child is behaving strangely.Do not yell at the kid for an incomprehensible behavior, it is better to check whether he is comfortable in shoes. Maybe the shoes are already a poem for his feet. But often the children themselves say that the legs hurt.
Read also:Is there any connection between baby shoes and flat feet
HOW TO BUY NEW SHOES FOR A CHILD
- Choose shoes for a child need in the afternoon, and best in the evening. During the day, the leg may swell.
- Measure the foot of the baby when he is standing, draw the outline. Measurements obtained compare with the shoes. There should be a comfortable distance between the toe of the shoe and the baby’s fingers, but not more than 1 centimeter.
- Choose the optimal width of children's shoes. It should not be much wider than the legs, but not too close so as not to injure it.
- The heel of the boot should fit snugly against the heel of the foot.
- Usually the legs are slightly different in size. Choose a pair that is comfortable for more.
Read also:Rubber boots for baby feet: how to choose?
- Moms love to buy shoes for growth. But do not buy too large. The baby will be uncomfortable, he will fall and this can lead to incorrect formation of the foot.
- Let the child try new clothes right in the store. Put on your baby shoes, ask them to walk in them. If the heel slips out of the shoe, take a different size.
- Ask the child if he is comfortable. If the shoes press a little, do not buy. Do not expect that it "will disperse." This may not happen, and the baby will receive a bonus in the form of blisters.
- If the kid will wear shoes with socks, be sure to take them to the store and try on shoes with them.
WHICH FOOTWEAR TO CHOOSE A CHILD
- Do not choose very fashionable and, even more so, very expensive shoes. The child will still grow out of them in a few months. While your task is to buy high-quality, inexpensive and comfortable shoes. But the main criterion is, of course, the comfort of your child.
- Choose shoes with Velcro or lace-ups. Very young children fit shoes with Velcro. And when you have already decided to teach your child to tie shoelaces, choose a lacing.
- Buy baby shoes on a flat sole. No heels! This is not about the standard heels in 5-10 mm, and above. It will be difficult for the child to keep balance; such shoes can cause abnormal development of the foot.Choose a soft and flexible sole that repeats the movement of the legs when bent.
- Choose a textured or patterned sole. In such shoes, the child will not slip and fall on smooth surfaces.
Read also:Children's shoes: how to choose a demi-season model
- Hold shoes in hand. If they are heavy - put it back. How will your child walk, play, run? Pick up only light shoes.
- The perfect shoes are made from breathable materials. In it, the baby's legs will remain dry even after running, there will be no unpleasant smell and discomfort.
- Also a good option - children's orthopedic shoes. This is an excellent prevention of flatfoot. In addition, it will be convenient for the baby.
- Be sure to ask the child if he likes the couple you choose. If he himself can already choose a color or pattern, let him help you in this difficult task. So you will be sure that the baby will wear new clothes with pleasure.
Surely these simple tips on how to buy shoes for a child will make your trip to the store easy and carefree.