Before the windows 7 release to manage the hard driveit was required to search and install special programs. But now you can create and delete partitions using the disk management utility built into the operating system.
How to remove a volume on windows 7
You need to open a special disk management utility:
- Go to the control panel (click start → control panel)
- Select the System and Security group
- In the Administration section select the itemCreating and formatting partitions of the hard disk. So you run a special utility for managing windows disks, with which you can create and delete partitions of disks, break them, change their letters and sizes, and many other useful things.
- In the opened window from the presented listExisting partitions on the hard drive select the one you want to delete. Attention! If there is only one volume on the hard disk, you can not delete it.
- Right-click on the section thatyou want to delete, and in the opened menu, select to delete the volume ... Before you delete the volume, windows 7 will ask you for confirmation of the operation, since all information stored on the volume will be deleted along with the partition. Before you delete the volume, windows 7 will ask you you confirm the operation, since all information stored on the volume will be deleted along with the partition.
- Click Yes.
When you delete a volume, thespace (memory) goes into the category of unplaced area. This free space can be used to increase the volume of another volume, or to create a new one.