From a pumpkin you can cook a huge number of dishes. The most popular are soups and puddings based on it. The recipe for their preparation is presented below.
How to Make Pumpkin Soup
Before tasty to cook a pumpkin on this recipe, you need to stock up with such ingredients:
- chicken broth - 1500 ml;
- potatoes - 1 pc .;
- bulb - 1 piece;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- ginger (ground) - 1 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable or olive oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- cream - 120 ml;
- pumpkin - 1 piece;
- salt and pepper - to taste.
This original dish is prepared in this way:
- Take the pumpkin, wash it and cut it with a sharp knifethe upper third. Pull out all the seeds from it, and select the pulp with a sharp spoon. It is important not to damage during this wall. Cut the whole pulp into pieces and fill it with broth. Add the sliced potatoes and onion, chopped garlic, ginger, salt and pepper to it. Bring it all to the boil and stand over medium heat for 40 minutes.
- From the rest of the pumpkin you need to make a soup tureen. Lubricate it from the inside with butter and bake in an oven heated to 200 degrees. Soak it for 30 minutes. At this time, grind the finished vegetables in a blender. The resulting puree pour into a baked tureen of pumpkin. Then add the cream and mix everything. Keep the soup in the oven for another 15 minutes, and then serve to the table.
How to Cook Pumpkin Pudding
Tasty and useful is a pumpkin pudding. It requires the following:
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 50 g;
- pumpkin - 130 g;
- warm milk - 300 ml.
The process of preparing pudding consists of the following steps:
- Take the pumpkin, wash and cut into mediumpieces. Then grate them on a fine grater. Pour pumpkin with warm milk, add eggs and sugar. Whisk all these ingredients with a mixer, using medium speed. It is necessary to obtain a homogeneous mass. Pour it over small jars and cover with foil.
- Take a pan with a wide bottom. Put a towel in it, and jars of pudding on top of it. Then pour water into the pan so that it does not reach the edges of the containers. Cover the pan, put on a fire and bring to a boil. Turn it off and wait for the pudding to freeze, and then you can serve it to the table.
Please note that you need to keep pumpkin pudding in the refrigerator. It can be stored for no more than three days.
Pumpkin can be cooked with different types of meat, andalso with shrimp. Recipes for these dishes can be found in the article What to cook from pumpkins. On how to make a pumpkin in the oven, you can read in the article How to bake a pumpkin.