Colic in infants is painful spasms,Having paroxysmal character and accompanied by cries and anxiety of the child. If during the feeding or quiet sleep, the games the baby starts to push, groan, press the legs to the stomach and scream, then it starts an attack of colic.
The causes of colic in infants are very diverse:
1) By the third week of the child's life he sharplythe need for milk increases, and therefore the time that it was applied earlier, it is not enough for him. The child eats, in fact, only the "front" milk, which is saturated with carbohydrates. And these substances stimulate the child's body gas formation, which in turn causes painful colic in the baby.
2) In the child the muscular apparatus of the intestine is not yet sufficiently mature.
3) Also immature enzymatic function of the baby's intestines, which means that the sensitivity to those products that can cause gas formation is increased.
4) During feeding, the child may seize the air due to improper application to the breast or the use of bottles for feeding.
Most often the colic begins to appear in the babyfrom the third week of his life, last approximately up to three hours a day and independently pass up to three months of age. More often this problem arises in those children who quickly gain weight. What can be done to prevent colic in babies?
1) Toddlers need to be breastfed.
2) To start feeding the baby is necessary on the firsthis demand. The longer the intervals from one feeding to the next, the more likely that the baby will capture air during the subsequent feeding, which naturally leads to the ingress of gases into the intestine and, consequently, the appearance of painful colic in infants.
3) Care must be taken to ensure thatthe kid takes the breast, it is necessary that he captures the areola, and not just the nipple, with this capture the least chance of air entering the child's gastrointestinal tract.
4) After feeding, the baby should be given a strictly vertical position and keep it until the gases come off.
5) Mom also must adhere to a certaindiet - it is necessary to refuse for the time of feeding from those products that can stimulate the formation of gas - mushrooms, cabbage, tomatoes, canned meat, fried and fatty foods.
6) As soon as the child starts to push and worry, sometimes it is enough to simply warm his tummy, for example, put on it a diaper heated with iron.
7) Also in such cases, a warm bath can help. In the water it is better to add a decoction of herbs that provide a calming effect, for example, motherwort, lemon balm, valerian mint.
8) A good effect can give a massagetummy - stroking it clockwise, as well as gymnastics - bringing the legs to the abdomen with their simultaneous bending and pressing them on the belly, flipping the child from back to back, on the stomach. These simple tricks help to facilitate the release of gases, which are the cause of bloating, difficulties with bowel movement and, in fact, the child's anxiety.
9) It is also possible to use a gas outlet ductor the softest syringe with a soft tip. Before the introduction of the tube, you need to massage the tummy, then lubricate the tube with a special sterile oil, put the baby on the left side, bend his legs in the knees, bring them to the stomach, then insert the tip of the tube into three to four centimeters and massage his belly again. After seven to ten minutes, the gases and contents of the intestines will recede.
10) You can drink a child with warm herbal teason fennel. Dill water is also used, which is prepared from one teaspoon of dill seeds per glass of distilled water, put it on a water bath for twenty minutes, strain and bring the volume back to two hundred milliliters. To the kid to give on one teaspoon up to four times a day before meal.