Summer is a time of travel, so almost all the kids in this period will learn about acclimatization, as they have to adapt to the new conditions that parents have chosen for family holidays.
How is acclimatization, how to make it the easiest for the child's body, which is definitely worth considering when going on holiday with a crumb. Today we answer these and other important issues of acclimatization in our article.
Read also:Dysentery: infection, treatment, prevention
Acclimatization of the baby: what is it?
Acclimatization- is the process of adaptation of the organism in the new for him environmental conditions.
Acclimatization can pass unnoticed, and can manifest itself in the form of overexcitement or general weakness, insomnia, loss of appetite, runny nose, cough, sore throat, fever, vomiting, diarrhea. With all these symptoms, the baby’s mood can be excellent.Still, parents are recommended to have a first-aid kit with them with everything needed to help the child with various symptoms.
If the condition of the baby has greatly deteriorated, then it is necessary to seek medical assistance at the place of rest.
Read also:The first earrings for a little crumb
Rules for successful acclimatization
1. Preliminary consultation with a pediatrician.As soon as you decide that you will go on vacation with your child, be sure to tell the pediatrician about this and consult with him about how best to prepare for the trip. Take your phone number from your doctor to be in touch with him on vacation.
2. Assemble the first aid kit.Of course, the first-aid kit should help you collect the baby's doctor. It should have everything you need for a child.
3. Duration of rest.Going with a child to rest less than 3 weeks does not make sense, since the process of acclimatization lasts about 14 days. Only after this period the child’s body will begin to really relax. If you go with the baby for a week at sea, his body will not rest, but will get more tired, because, before he has had time to get used to the new climate, he will have to undergo re-acclimatization at home. Ideally, the rest should last about a month.
Mom forumchanka Oksana says:“For the first time we went with the child to rest when he was 4 months old. We went to Turkey, we rested there for a month. Of course, we previously consulted with our pediatrician. Surprisingly, acclimatization was successful, even the temperature was not there, and the baby, of course, was breastfed at the time, and most likely it was this that helped him. The rest was wonderful. ”
4. Preliminary preparation of the child for rest:
Read also:Allergies in a child - “treat” or “cure”?
5. Rules of stay on the beach:
6. Mode of the day.At rest, the baby must fully sleep, eat and get the required amount of fluid.
Sleep.Organize your day so that the baby can sleep in a cool room under the air conditioner or in the shade of the trees outside.
Food.The kid should get the most familiar to him the food. New products can cause allergies, vomiting or diarrhea, it is not necessary to complicate the life of yourself and your baby, even eat your favorite food. Remember that in very hot weather the baby may not want to eat - this is quite normal, you should not force him, he will eat when he wants.
Drink.Drinking during the heat is very, very important. You should take with you the water that the child usually drinks or buy it on the spot; in no case should you give the baby local water, it can cause an upset stomach.
Oleg Egorov, pediatrician:“There are no methods for adapting a child to a hot climate. The most important thing you should think about is that at the very beginning of the rest (the first 2 weeks), while adapting to the hot climate of vascular tone, it is very important not to allow the child to have a lack of fluid.Therefore, it is necessary to offer the child liquid as often as possible, literally every hour. If you have an air conditioner in your hotel, of course, you should use it. ”
Relaxing with a child is always enjoyable and fun. Just follow some recommendations, and acclimatization will be successful, without causing any trouble.